ENG 099 Conversational American English MOOC
10 free English lectures in 12 days on Conversational American English from December 10th to 21st, 2012 for English as a second or foreign language (EFL/ESL/ELL) students.
A massive open online course (MOOC) is a type of online course aimed at large-scale participation and open access via the web. MOOCs are a recent development in the area of distance education, and a progression of the kind of open education ideals suggested by open educational resources. via Wikipedia
Given it is only 10 lectures long, this is not a comprehensive course, it is designed to give students a quick overview of conversational American English and the tools to study further on their own. Each lecture will be followed by a homework assignment.
Each lecture will have is open to all English Levels:
- intermediate and
Each lecture will be 25 to 60 minutes depending on how many students attend!
Students who complete all 10 homework assignments can pay to take the 50 question final exam and receive a PDF certificate of completion as well as a LinkedIn Recommendation from the instructor.
BETWEEN DECEMBER 10TH AND 21ST, 2012
There are 2 ways to get involved with this course in between December 10th and 21st, 2012.
- Choose how you want to join the course:
- Register for the course here, indicating how you’re joining and your e-mail address
- Join the 10 lectures (see the schedule) and/or watch the recordings
- Complete all 10 assignments
- E-mail Mr. Danoff all 10 URLs by 23:59 USA CT on December 24th the URLs to your completed, published assignments. After approval, you will receive your official ENG 099 MOOC December 2012 Badge and PDF Certificate of Completion!
AFTER DEC. 21ST 2012
This course is being built and designed in a way that should make it easy to translate as a useful self-study resource for independent learners afterwards and/or teachers to use as a model for their own online course, essentially good OCW.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, “Massive open online course,” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Massive_open_online_course&oldid=526437191 (accessed December 6, 2012).