by Charles Jeffrey Danoff
Mr. Danoff's Teaching Laboratory
60093, Chicagoland, USA
Time 90 min.
The [#] are notes.
Materials Greetings video and flaschards; Hannah's article; Kitty's article
Setting the stage Introduce myself to learners and them to eachoter, then share my educational background as an icebreaker.
ESL 101 Greetings Video  and Slideshow  Elicit what students know about American greetings, show video on friendly greetings and then go over slowly with the slideshow.
Two Truths and a Lie  Start with "The food I hate is"; "My hero is" and "I am afraid of".
Conversation What do they want to learn?
Articles and Discussion On articles by Hannah  and Kitty .
Session Schedule and Goals Cover the upcoming sessions and then make preliminary learning goals for each.
Break After 55 min. for 10 min.
Office Hours For the last 25 min.
Review handwritten after class on May 19th 2011, then typed up on May 25th.
Review what was supposed to happen.
- Positive 90 minute EC.
Establish what happened.
- Positive 90 minute EC with one student.
Determine what was right or wrong with what happened.
- Right: Made class interactive, tried different approaches and stuck to the plan.
- Wrong: Video was not ready to go and I could've explained Kitty's third paragraph better.
Determine how the task should be done differently the next time.
- Video and technology done before class starts.
- Analyze articles for talking points before class (maybe use Breaking News English?).
- Make a video of myself teaching? So I can study myself and students can review after class?
Copyright Notice I, Charles Jeffrey Danoff, the author of this work, published in 2011 in the USA, ask you to kopimi it, additionally I abandon my copyright ownership rights via the Unlicense. Note this does not necessarily apply to any of the linked-to pages.